Location: Jamestown, New York, United States
User Type: I am Serious about moving to an Eco Village
Last Activity: 17-04-14 (View blog)
me nothing great, I have lived off grid many years ago with 6 children (one was 11 days old when we moved there) so it is not anything new to me, I since have moved into a town and now that most of my kids are grown I would love to get back to the basic of living....
right now there is 4 of us that want to move onto land, my roommate and myself are not working but we do have money comming in (ssi and childsupport) we both would be looking for work in the new place, so we can help with money just not alot.
This is only my thinking on paper, these ideas are not concret. I know that when building a community it is the voice of the community that makes the changes.... these are a few ideas that I am throwing out there. some of these I would do for my own family and not push for everyone to do this....
1) sweat equity.... this is where you and others help you build a place in return you put your time in helping others build..... like me many people do not have thousands of dollars for a move in fee, more money to buy the materials to build, and even more money to get to the place to start anew. This is one of the biggest reason I have not found a place yet...
2) I would love to help build up a running farm.... but if we need to buy outside of what we have we do it only locally and if it is foods then we buy from only organic farms.....
3) I don't mind paying some money per month into a land trust to help with the land taxes/payments, martials to help with build more homes, barns, fences ect.....
4) i like the idea of as a community that we have at least one dinner week together, this is also the time we discuss our next move for the communtiy.
5) I think religion should not be pushed in a community, we all travel a different path.
6) I really want to be in a FAMILY orieanted community.
7) I would also suggest a writen contract between families and community that way if things don't go well then a move can happen
if you have anymore questions you can email me at firstname.lastname@example.org Please put in the title eco living thank you very much
|Interest Level In Eco Villages:||Very High|
|Time frames that you would like to move into an eco village:||I'd move in as soon as Possible|
|I would move into an eco village:||Quickly - In one go|
|My preferred village type:||Not Sure|
|Preferred Size of Village:||Small Community - less than 20 lots|
|The group I belong to is is:||A small family of 3-5|
|Stage of Development:||Land Bought - Early Stages|
|Looking for new people?:||N/A|
|Holidays or Retreat Space?:||N/A|
|Offering Eco Village Tours?:||Yes|
|Provides Holistic Healing?:||Yes|